Ce qu’en dit le label STIX (une subdivision des excellents FAVORITE RECORDINGS) :
Stix Records is a sub-division of Favorite Recordings, recently launched with a first official single by Taggy Matcher Birdy & Nixon (STIX033), who pleased us with two Reggae-Rocksteady renditions of the famous Black Keys. Precisely specialized in the exercise of producing covers with a Reggae twist, the new label presents his first album entitled “Disco Reggae”. Many artists faithful to the stable of Favorite Recordings and its various sub-labels are invited for the occasion: The Dynamics, Blundetto, Grandmagneto, 7 Samurai, John Milk or Taggy Matcher. All came and brought their respective touch to this first compilation, with among other things some of the rarest titles from their Big Single Records’ years, but also 4 new and exclusive productions.
Each of them delivers a great Disco-Reggae version of classic hits by some artists as diverse as Madonna, Herbie Hancock, Justin Timberlake, The Commodores, The O’Jays, Curtis Mayfield, Harry Nilsson or Sugarhill Gang. Whatever the genre or the period, nothing can resist their inventiveness and creativity, to the point sometimes we confuse between originals and covers. Everything is remastered and cut at Carvery Records (UK), known for their expertise in Caribbean and Disco music. The vinyl LP comes in a deluxe version, housed in an old-school Tip-On Jacket. Releases on November 18th 2013.
- DJ Day (DJ/Musician): “Sounds great! Can’t wait to play these out. Stellar line up as well.”
- Simon Hodge (Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show, BBC6 Music): “Wonderful release. Loving the version of ‘Chameleon’!”
- Jeremy Sole (KCRW / theLIFT): “Butter & Gold!!”
- Jay Scarlett (BR Puls Radio Ampsoul Beat Dimensions): “Oh Lord Chameleon!! You can’t go wrong with this selection! Tell ya paps I said so!”
- DJ Tomas (XLR8R, Google Play): “Love this! Great instrumentation and authentic takes on soulful music with a great reggae rhythms.”
- Cosmo Vitelli (I’m a Cliche / Paris): “Full support from here”
- Robert Luis (Tru Thoughts): “Sounding good.”
- Jürgen Drimal (Superfly.fm): “A fantastic package! full support on superfly.fm!!!”
- Marcus “Makossa” Wagner-Lapierre (Radio FM4): “Excellent selection
- Julius (Laid Back Radio): “This release will definitely warm our radio station!!”
- Jason Kramer (KCRW): “LOve it…”
- Mike Chadwick (Jazz FM – Broadcaster): “Love it!!!!!”
- David Bassin (freeFall / KUSF): “Herbie Hancock reggae…love it!”