Bossa NovaAnd the Rise of Brazilian Music In The 1960s – Volume 2
- 18. Elizete Cardoso – E De Lei
- 19. Antonio Carlos Jobim – O Morro Nao Tem Vez
- 20. Edu Lobo – Ponteio
- 21. Tamba 4 – Samba Blim
- 22. Pery Ribeiro – Canto Negro
- 23. Maria Bethania – Ye-Mele
- 24. Miltinho – Faca Como Eu
- 25. Jorge Ben – Rosa, Menina Rosa
- 26. Milton Nascimento – Tres Pontas
- 27. Baden Powell & Vinicius De Moraes – Canto De Xango
- 28. Zelia Barbosa – Carcara
- 29. Tamba Trio – Boranda
- 30. Geraldo Vandre – Hora De Lutar
- 31. Elis Regina – Tereza Sabe Sambar
- 32. Edu Lobo – Aguaverde
- 33. Jorge Ben – Carnaval Triste
- 34. Marilia Medalha – Maria Moita
Ce qu’en dit l’excellent label Soul Jazz Records (U.K.) :
A concise guide to the music of bossa nova and comes with an extensive 75-page photographic mini-book with stunning photographs of Brazilian life during the period as well as extensive sleeve-notes contextualising the uplifting music with the social and cultural changes in Brazil that enabled the rise of the music.
The release of this album coincides with the deluxe hardback large-format book of the same name featuring the stunning modernist cover art of bossa nova record cover sleeves in the 1960s, which is compiled by Gilles Peterson and Stuart Baker and also released on Soul Jazz.
Forget the cocktail-sipping tropical image that bossa nova became, bossa nova’s origins in Brazil are that of a stunning modernist and revolutionary music that reflected the radical and exciting idealism of the country at the start of the 1960s. This music is the real deal!
‘Bossa Nova and the rise of Brazilian Music in the 1960s’ charts the rise of the events that led to the arrival of this new musical movement and what happened next. João Gilberto, Tom Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes, Elis Regina, Gilberto Gil and Baden Powell all feature alongside many other Brazilian artists who launched their careers during this amazing period.
The vinyl comes in two separate volumes of heavyweight double-vinyl (both with heavyweight gatefold-sleeves) featuring all the tracks and the sleevenotes. ESSENTIAL!